Go Vegan or Go Home

After a month and a few days of going vegan, I have to say that my life has changed. I feel healthy, strong, and I even dare say beautiful! I look back and cant beleive the CRAP that Ive been putting into my body on a daily basis. I'm so glad that ive inspired so many friends to change their lives too. I figured that this would be the perfect place to write about my journey, and to share some GREAT vegan recipes with all of you. Please feel free to email my personal address with any questions you have for me.

Monday, February 6, 2012

So yesterday I had said...."my new healthy diet". This is what I had intended this to be...a diet. This is exactly what it turned out NOT to be. Ive learned that becoming a vegan isn't a temporary thing. It isn't a temporary solution to a major problem. You can't say that you'll do this for a little while, just to get some weight off, or to "cleanse" your body.If you go back to eating crap....your body goes back to feeling like crap...No, Being vegan is a way of life. Its training your brain to think differently about food. People usually live to eat. Vegans eat to live! (at least I do). You find yourself analyzing everything your putting in your mouth, which I don't find to be a bad thing. If we go around throwing any piece of crap in our mouths, we'll live short, unhealthy, obese lives. Some people would argue that at least "they would die happy" if they had just gone eating anything and everything. But, I for one can say that I'll be happier dying after a long, healthy life! Anyone who says they disagree is a liar. Also, I ENJOY every piece of tofu that I put into my mouth. Every vegetable, fruit, soy protein....I love it all! It feels great to eat and know your doing something good for your body, and your health! So today I ask you to think before you eat. If you stop before you eat, and your brain is telling you that you shouldn't be eating it..you probably shouldn't be eating it! Put it down and grab a delicious piece of fruit, or a salad! If you think you can...you can!

Tofu Parm

1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
5 tablespoons grated Vegan Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried oregano divided
salt
ground black pepper
1 package firm tofu
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 clove garlic minced
4 ounces shredded vegan mozzarella cheese

In a bowl, combine bread crumbs,Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano salt and black pepper.
Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and place in bowl of cold water. press tofu slices into crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
Combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and remaining oregano. Place a thin layer of sauce in an 8 inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan. Spoon remaining sauce over tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan.
Bake at 400 degrees F  for 20 minutes.
VIOLE! YOUR DONE!
* Serve over vegan pasta if you'd like!

1 comment: